Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Zucchini Pie

This is so easy it hurts.  Remember I'm cooking in a toaster oven, we don't have a normal oven or a normal stove.  In fact, not much about our lives is normal! We live in a 23x24ft room above my dad's art gallery/woodturning shop.  We have 5 dogs, 7 cats, and a squirrel.  My kitchen area is very small, we don't have a dishwasher either(we have several part-timers though).
So anyway....

Like I said, this is so easy it hurts.  And it is yummy as $#*%!



2 zucchini(med-large), julienne sliced with a mandolin or a knife
1 small white onion sliced on the mandolin or very, very thin with a knife
1 tablespoon each olive oil and coconut oil

Cook over medium heat, stirring now and then, until softened.  I think I cooked my about 20 minutes in a 10-inch cast iron skillet.  Let cool another 20 minutes.

1/3 cup almond flour
2/3 cup gluten free bisquick
spices of your choosing(I used herbes fines, parsley, and garlic powder)
3 eggs
1/4 cup water

Mix well.  This should be a bit thicker than pancake batter, if not, add more gf bisquick.  I have never cooked with almond flour and wonder if this is what made it so tender.

1 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
1/3 cup feta cheese
3-4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
dash of pepper

Mix into the veggies well.  Add egg mixture and mix gently.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so.  I never time and was NOT measuring as usual.  This baked up SUPER SOFT and was extremely flavorful.  I'm showing unbelievable self-control to not go over and eat the entire pan of it.  OMG.  I hope the kids and Mr. Slapdash show up soon or they might have to scrounge around in the pantry for their dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I saw your blog and thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite you to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    best regards

    Ania, TastyQuery.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me!