Friday, July 29, 2011

Coconut Chocolate Bark...



I've been slapdashing again, this time with my favorite oil and favorite flavor(Chocolate). I made a tiny version of this concoction yesterday and was impressed that it tasted much like a gourmet dark chocolate bar so I set out to make MORE! Here's what I did...

All measurements are approximate, please taste test for your personal palette.

2/3 to 3/4 cup coconut oil. I used 3 scoops of a 1/3 cup scoop but it wasn't all the way filled for each scoop. Put in a shallow, wide container, you want this to be a thin layer, about 1/2 inch deep.

1 tablespoon cocoa powder. I shook it into the oil but it looked like a tablespoon or so.

Several drops of vanilla and several more drops of liquid stevia. I imagine you could use the powdered versions of both if you had it. Then, a tiny drift of cayenne pepper and a handful(less than 1/3 cup-that's all I had) of sunflower seeds.

Whisk it all together, taste and adjust flavors if needed. Chill in fridge until solid, break up with a knife and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for talking to me!