Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Gluten Free Cheesy Pizza


You'll need:

2tbsp butter, mostly melted
3/4 cup gluten free baking mix(betty crocker)
1/4tsp baking powder. oregano, basil, garlic and onion powder to taste
2tbsp nutritional yeast 1/2 cup greek yogurt
2 eggs. Mix well.




I baked this on a well-oiled, 10-inch cast iron skillet in the toaster oven, at 450 for about 15 minutes.

Topped with about 3tbsp very thinly sliced onions and kalamata olives, a big handful of grated mozzerella mixed with a few tbsps Parmesan and blue cheeses. Continued baking another 10 minutes or so, until golden and bubbly.

The crust is chewy, not a texture I've ever had before. Not biscuity or pizza crusty. Somewhere in between but more elastic.  My 21-year-old son told me this was the best thing I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for talking to me!